Monday, January 28, 2013

MURPHY WALL BED INSTALLATION AND MORE.....



I have a customer who was renovating a rental unit in Fairfax.  The unit is a studio apartment and she wanted to utilize the space as best as possible.  She decided on having a Murphy wall bed installed and so she gave me a call.  I admit, I had never built a Murphy bed, but I am up to tackling most anything.

I built, installed and painted the wall bed it in just a few days and can honestly say it really transformed this room.  Here are some photos…..the new tenant just loves it and when it’s not being used, she just puts the bed back into the wall and once again has more living space.





My customer also wanted to add some shelving so the new tenant has a bit more storage.  I built some shelves in the kitchen where there was some open space not being used, I also added shelving in the closet and painted the interior of the apartment.




This was a fun project and not something I get to do everyday.   If you find that you need more space in your home, like turning your guest room into a playroom or your office into an occasional guestroom, please give Steve’s Handyman Service a call or contact me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment